Serving size: 1 burger
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 brioche or whole-grain buns
- ½ cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef with 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar. Form into 4 patties, handling as little as possible to keep the meat tender. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium. Once hot, grill the patties for 8 to 10 minutes over direct heat, flipping once halfway through, until cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 160°F.
- In a small bowl, toss arugula with remaining balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Assemble burgers by placing each patty on the bottom half of a bun, then add 2 tablespoons goat cheese, ¼ cup sliced strawberries, 4 torn basil leaves and ¼ cup arugula. Top with the bun top and serve immediately.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 489 calories, 24g total fat, 10g saturated fat, 107mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 4g sugar, 36g protein, 576mg potassium, 390mg phosphorus
Analysis uses whole-grain buns.