How do you spell Junge in German?
- Junge, Junge! ( inf) boy oh boy (inf)
- alter Junge (inf) my old mate (Brit inf) or pal (inf)
- mein lieber Junge! my dear boy; (in Brief) my dear son.
- ein schwerer Junge (inf) a (big-time) crook (inf)
- unsere Jungs haben gewonnen our boys or lads (Brit inf) won.
How are German letters pronounced?
In German, the letters of the Alphabet are pronounced like this, and can be spelt phonetically as such: A = ah. B = bay. C = tsay.
Is German hard to pronounce?
The German language has a reputation for being hard to pronounce, but, to be fair, it’s somewhat undeserved. It might sound strange at first, but German has very consistent rules of spelling and pronunciation.
How is Madchen pronounced?
The 48-year-old actress delivered a phonetic pronunciation of her oft-mangled name, telling the publication ‘it’s MADE-chen AY-mick. Both have long A’s.
Why is Mädchen neutral?
The main and most important reason is that Mädchen ends in ‘chen’ and nouns which are diminutives and end in ‘chen’ are always neuter. As for girls, the word Mädchen is still neuter for two reasons, a) because it ends in ‘chen’, b) because nouns ending in ‘chen’ don’t change in the plural.
What kind of name is Madchen?
Meaning & History
Means “girl” in German. It is not used as a name in Germany itself.