Serve comfort and joy this festive season with this quick creamy pasta with just 6 ingredients plus oil and a little seasoning. Perfect for a cosy night in over Christmas.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g/7oz raw Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 150g/5½ oz chestnuts, cooked, peeled and roughly chopped
- 200ml/7fl oz double cream
- ½ nutmeg, freshly grated (or ½ tsp ground nutmeg)
- 50g/1¾oz Parmesan, finely grated (or a similar vegetarian hard cheese)
- 200g/7oz fusilli pasta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place a large frying pan on a medium heat and add the olive oil, shredded Brussels sprouts and chestnuts. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until the sprouts have softened. Add a splash of water if the pan begins to look dry. Once softened, add the cream, most of the nutmeg and 40g/1½oz of the Parmesan. Stir well, bring to a simmer, then turn off the heat. Check the seasoning.
Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions for al dente, then drain.
Stir the cooked pasta into the creamy sauce. Leave to rest for one minute before stirring again. Finish the dish with a dusting of nutmeg and the rest of the Parmesan. Serve.